Grabber GT: the tyre for fast and powerful SUVs and offroad-vehicles
Is not just really good to look at
For fast and powerful SUVs and off-road vehicles. Newly developed for high-powered SUVs and offroad vehicles, the Grabber GT is not just really good to look at. Its asymmetric tread design guarantees outstanding handling characteristics on dry and wet surfaces, and a high level of safety thanks to excellent braking performance in the wet. The harmonious tread structure on the newcomer provides high levels of driving comfort by significantly reducing external rolling noise.
- Born in the USA, General Tire offers products for all types of vehicles, for all seasons and all terrains
- Outstanding handling performance on dry and wet roads
- Fits perfectly for example to Range Rover Evoque, BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne
- Features: Asymmetric pattern design with closed and massive shoulder blocks including 3D sipes
- Effect: Stiff and well-balanced pattern structure
- Benefits: Outstanding handling performance on dry and wet roads
- Features: Closed shoulder blocks and harmonized pattern structure
- Effect: Barrier against noise,which is generated in the center area, Even wear shape due to equal pattern stiffness
- Benefit: High driving comfort due to reduced noise development during whole tire life cycle
- Features: High number of block edges and sipes
- Effect: Multitude of grip edges
- Benefits: Very high level of safety because of excellent wet braking performance
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union, under CE 1222/2009, has mandated that all tyres manufactured after the date of July 1 2012 for cars and commercial vehicles include standard EU Tyre Labels classifying them by three performance characteristics:fuel efficiency classified from A to G,wet grip classified from A to G, and noise emission in decibels.
Categories of tyres unaffected by this regulation include: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing/sports car tyres, as well as certain types of tyres designed to improve traction such as studded tyres, T-type temporary spare tyres, tyres for cars built before 1990, tyres with a maximum allowed speed of 80km/h, tyres for rims with a diameter less or equal to 254 mm or greater or equal to 635 mm.
This label is intended on one hand to promote economic and ecological efficiency in traffic, as well as increase road safety, and on the other hand to help consumers select appropriate tyres by ensuring a certain degree of product transparency.
Nevertheless, the label has been criticized for only showing a very limited number of characteristics. Professionals argue that tyres have many more features that are important and relevant to road safety, including but not limited to aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, product properties on wet and dry roads other than wet grip, properties on snow.
Tyre manufacturers suggest that the test results from various institutions and industry magazines should remain a very important source of information for the end consumer, because they focus on and rate a wide variety of tyre properties and features.
||285/35 R23 107Y XL
|Tyre load index
|With/Without Valve (TT/TL)
||Tyre requires tube